Friday, April 15, 2011

Eyeshadow Review - Silky Girl Bedazzled Duo Shadow Mystery Babe

I have always been on the lookout of a navy blue, and having used Silkygirl duo e/s I was pretty confident this would work well as I LOVED the duo. However I was a disappointed. The texture is very different from the duo.


On the white, there are these weird lumpy things. And the "dazzling" effect, comes from those strange flakes of shimmery thingy ("flakies").

Cons:
- Not as cream as the duos.
-The white's color payoff is not too strong, but good enough for blending / highlighting. Can turn up chalky.
- The white turns up with flakies and gives a sheen (no shimmer, super tiny ugly glitters) . Hate the flakies, but they are not really noticeable, just irritating to look at. The flakies make the makeup look messy closeup, as you can see spots of white
-The blue looks almost black on me, wished it was more blue

Pros:
- OK level of pigmentation for the price, but you will need primer and lots of patience.
- When used with a good brush the overall effect is still nice. A grey that is not too dark so it is still work apporpriate

Guilty Admission:
I bought the blue as a set for $14. Consisted with e/s, blush, lipstick and a glitter pen. Did not care for the glitter pen or lipstick, but it is so worth it, as I used the blush before and loved it.

Alacarte prices for the blush is $8, e/s is $11. What a fantastic deal. So.........I bought the green one although I hated the blue. I swatched the green one and recalled it was more pigmented.

Will review the rest seperately....

No comments:

Post a Comment