Friday, April 29, 2011

Eyeshadow Review - Loreal Open Eyes Chrome Intensity Acquadistic

Loreal Open Eyes Chrome Intensity Acquadistic
I bought this from Watson during the buy 2 Loreal products get 1 free. I hardly use much Loreal products but was too captivated by this eyeshadow quad, so I had to force myself to get something.

Moreover the quad seems to be hardly available anywhere now, as the new quads are being introduced. I had also seen tutorials using this quad.
I applied this over my existing eyeshadow at Watson with the tester and was impressed by the color payoff. However this was not the case when I reached home.


This is more true to the acutal color.






Cons:
  • Very very low in pigmentation. I had to use a primer, a cream eyeshadow stick and a dense brush to pick the product up. And when it finally showed up, it did not really apply evenly.

Swatched with brush


Swatched with Sponge Tip.
  • The dark color below the white, shows up almost black (and yet not a true black)...boring. And the pigmentation is not even good !
  • The dark blue (bottom left) shows up almost black (why would I need 2 black shades) but is slightly on a blue tone (more acceptable)
  • The white is not too attractive, as the shimmerish effect is lacking. If used for blending, it is not creamy enough.
  • Pretty expensive IMHO for this lack of quality.
Pros:
  • Love the green blue shade. Very special , almost like the colors of a peacock feathers. But I rather get it from Bourjois or Mac.

Conculsion:

Using Loreal's words ''Because You Deserve It'', do get a better eyeshadow. This product is horrid. Would have thrown it away if not for the price.



No comments:

Post a Comment