Monday, January 10, 2011

Eyeshadow Review - Daiso $2 Eyebrow Powder



I found this gem in Daiso Dhoby Ghaut. It comes in two tones, one dark grey black, another in a dark coffee brown. I bought this to use as a eyeliner / eyeshadow as I find it hard to find matte e/s in Singapore. The only matte I know of is Revlon matte, but the pan is super huge.

For this price, this is great. It is almost comparable to my Vicent longo Timeliness trio, which has a black e/s.

Pros:
-Really love the color, as it is very natural and makes the eyes pop. It is not a harsh dull flat color, but an interesting yet natural shade. Both shades work well for me.
- Non chalky, hence no messy black powder all over my lower lids. However the brush that you use to pick the product also matters.
- Stiff, almost unblendable texture. This makes the product wear on very well and easy to control. You will need patience though.
- Well pigmented, and yet not too overly pigmented. If it is overly pigmented, often you will end up with a hash look. ( In the past I always thought the more pigmented the better, until I tried my friend's coveted Shu eye brow pencils. That pencil was so difficult to use, as no color seems to come out. But apparently it is most raved about. )

Cons:
- Wished it was a tad softer. The product is not very spreadable. Hence it is like using a pen without much ink. You always need to ''refill'' by brushing against the e/s.

No comments:

Post a Comment